self catering accommodation for 10 people
The red sandstone Old Mill Barn was built about 150 years ago as part of the village water mill. It consists of two floors and a gallery:
The ground floor, which is reached from the parking area at the front of the building, contains:
- 3 bedrooms - one double and two twin-bedded, each with hanging and storage space;
- walk in shower room, with quarry tiled floor, toilet and wash-hand basin;
- stoned flagged entrance lobby with internal stairs leading up to ..............
First floor, with wooden floors, high ceilings with exposed beams and which contains:
- •2 bedrooms - one double and one twin;
- •bathroom with bath and over-bath shower, toilet and wash-hand basin;
- •well-equipped, recently re-fitted kitchen with ceramic hob double oven, fridge/freezer plus large second fridge, washing machine, dishwasher and microwave;
- •sitting area with wood burning stove and comfy seating and digital TV with freeview, DVD player and HTML and scart sockets, and CD player and radio;
- •dining area with large dining table and seating for 10;
- •door to back garden and patio area
- •stairs up to ..............
- this area is large, but as the roof beams cross it in two places at chest height, it is mainly enjoyed by the youngsters in the group! There is a coffee table, seating and hi fi.
- patio with benches and table and chairs;
- planted banks leading up to lawn next to cascading stream (no access to stream)
- views over village to front, and fields and Pennine Hills to back
- is at the front of the Barn, just as you come into the front yard from the road. Here there is room for at least 4 cars, but with careful parking and smaller cars, it is possible to get more in. The old mill buildings are adjacent to this area, and the old mill stream runs through part of it, so children must be supervised or warned of potential dangers. There are 2 doors into the Barn, one at ground level, straight from the car park, which is strongly recommended in bad weather or in the dark and another accessed by the old stone steps from the parking area. These are a bit uneven so take care.
- Up to 2 pets are welcome by prior arrangement and payment of extra fee of £20
- Cot, high chair and stair gates available for baby. Please advise when booking if these are required.
- We don't have gas in our area, so all power is electric, the cost of which is included in the price. There are storage heaters throughout the property. Two bags of logs are supplied for the wood burning stove. Extra bags can be bought from us at cost, £6 per bag at present.
- Towels are included.